Sunday, March 25, 2012

Key Lime Pie


I like key lime pie... alot... but only like to make it when I can actually get key lime, it's just not the same with regular limes. So when I found some at the grocery store this week I was happy. 

This pie is really good and it was gone faster than I could make whipped cream and cut a slice for a nice photo. 

Crust
3/4 cup graham crumbs
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar

Filling
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 key lime juice 
3 egg yolks

                                     
Combine graham crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Spread into pie plate, press down and up the sides of the dish.

Bake 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool


Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice and stir until smooth. Pour into cooled pie crust. and bake 350 degrees for 25 min until filling is set.

Serve with whipped cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment