Sunday, March 25, 2012

Avocado Tomatillo Chilaquiles


I LOVE Mexican food! So when I come across new recipes I always like to try them out. This one is a keeper. Thanks to Donna and Anne over at Apron Strings for this delicious and really easy recipe. 

I am always looking for new breakfast ideas as I have mentioned in the past many times. The others in the house were a little skeptical of this dish so they chose to have eggs and toast instead.


1 jar salsa verde
1 large avocado
8 cups broken tortilla chips (I used a mix of regular tortilla chips and Charras Chipotle Tostadas)
2 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 large eggs poached or however you like them (I prefer 2 eggs each so I doubled this part)

In a blender combine 1/2 salsa and the avocado and blend until smooth.  


Pour into a frying pan and add the remaining salsa. Heat over medium high heat. You want the sauce to have the consistency of a white sauce so you may need to add a little water to thin it out.

Add the tortillas ad stir to coat. Divide between 4 plates and top with cheese and eggs. Add a little diced tomato and cilantro if you like.

1 comment:

  1. Will definitely try this one out...great change for breakfast or brunch

    ReplyDelete