Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oven Baked Corn Flake Crusted Chicken


The boys asked me what was going to be for dinner tonight and I said something with chicken. They asked me for Fried Chicken, but that's way too unhealthy for me. So I used this recipe instead! It was a hit and no one complained it wasn't "fried".

5 chicken breasts, cut into 3 strips each
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tbsp seasoning salt
2 tsp frank's red hot
5 cups corn flakes, crushed


Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Combine milk and egg in a bowl and mix until blended. Add flour, salt and frank's and mix until everything is incorporated. Place in a shallow dish ( I used cake pan)

Place corn flakes in another shallow dish.

Dip chicken strips in batter and then roll in corn flakes to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet.

Bake 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.


No comments:

Post a Comment