Sunday, April 15, 2012

Maple Brown Sugar Bacon Stuffed Waffles


Again I found something new to make for a weekend breakfast. The kids always ask me the night before if I know what I am going to make. I usually keep it a surprise as I often change my mind last minute. I spotted this recipe while looking through this weeks reveals on The Secret Recipe Club. Which I check every Monday. I almost contemplated making these for dinner this week. Thanks to Crystal at Mrs Happy Homemaker for posting this recipe and to Veronica from Veronica's Cornucopia who came up with this recipe.

This recipe has been adapted.

Maple Brown Sugar Bacon
10 strips of bacon
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup maple syrup

Cover a baking sheet with foil. Place rack on sheet and lay bacon on rack. 
Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and maple syrup. Bake in upper 1/3 of oven for 10-15 min at 375 degrees (i used thick bacon so took 20 minutes). Remove from oven and transfer onto a cutting board (not paper towel it will stick). You can either chop the bacon or just cut the slices in half (which is what I did).


Waffle Batter
3 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup veg oil
1/3 cup plain yogurt
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups milk(or butter milk)

Preheat waffle maker.
Combine flour, baking powder, making soda and salt in a small bowl. 
In a large bowl combine brown sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and milk. Stir to combine. 
Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.

Pour batter into waffle maker and lay bacon strips on top. 
Cook waffles as per Waffle Maker instructions.

Serve with maple syrup.





No comments:

Post a Comment