Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cheddar Cauliflower Soup!!


I bought some cauliflower last weekend with the intention of making a few different dishes this week; which include this Cheddar Cauliflower Soup, roasted Cauliflower and Curry. I got around to 2 of the dishes. The Curry will have to make it to the menu this week. 


I love cauliflower soup and if I go to a restaurant and they have it on the menu I have to have it. I have been wanting to make some at home for a long time and finally got down to it today! It was the perfect day for it as well, chilly and cloudy. 


1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flower
2 cups vegetable stock (I used homemade but store bought it fine as well)
3 cups milk
1 head cauliflower, core removed and chopped
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

heat medium size pot over medium low heat. Add butter and onions, cook until translucent (5 min or so).
Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add Flour, stir well and cook until golden in colour. Add vegetable stock, water and cauliflower. Bring to boil and cook 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Turn off heat and then add cheese. Stir until melted.

Serve with extra cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment