Monday, May 28, 2012

Granny's Tourtiere

So it's been a while since I posted it has been a busy month. But I will catch up eventually... I have lots of recipes to post. I need to set some time aside weekly to maintain this blog. I love it, but sometimes sitting down to write posts feels like a chore. 



This is another one of my granny's recipes. I always looked forward to having it when we visited. When I was visiting her in January my cousin was over too and asked my granny to teach us how to make it. 
This is delicious and needs no substitutions or additions.

1 1/2 lbs lean ground pork
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp clove, ground
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 double crust pie dough (I will post my recipe soon)

Combine all ingredients except pie dough in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil; when pork is no longer pink Reduce heat and simmer for 45 min or until tender. Remove bay leaf.

Fill pie shell with meat and top with crust. Pinch edges to seal and make a few slits in the top of the crust. Bake 425 degrees for 15min then reduce to 350 for 15 min longer.

I usually serve this with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.





No comments:

Post a Comment