Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Manicotti


Had a busy but productive weekend. Friday night the girls went to see Breaking Dawn Pt 2, I passed, despite their begging, as I have not read the books are watched any of the movies. But  I was able to get some cleaning and errands done. Saturday we went to Medieval Times for my work Christmas Party! It's always a blast, I never get sick of going. I think I have been 4 or 5 times now. Saturday night we had a Rockband Party! and stayed up until 2:00am playing. Sunday we were up early for church, then I had to drive downtown Toronto to drop on of my girls off at the Bus station as she was home for a visit. I almost got stuck downtown on my way home, by the Santa Clause Parade. Glad I didn't cause I was tired after only 5 hours of sleep. 

The Wii U came out Sunday and if you know me and my bf at all then this should not be a surprise. So needless to say the rest of Sunday was spent playing with that and finishing up other chores. I wanted an easy supper and I had made a batch of Buffalo Ranch Chicken on Saturday.  My bf suggested making Buffalo Chicken Manicotti! He likes to brainstorm new ideas and then have me experiment with it in the kitchen.

So experiment I did! I have never made manicotti before ever, but really it's only stuffed pasta. So I figured it wouldn't be too bad.  These turned out delicious! There was no left overs!

Buffalo Chicken Manicotti

1 box manicotti shells
1 tub light ricotta cheese
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
2 eggs

1/2 cup light ranch dressing
1/4-1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I use president's choice) **If using Frank's use less and taste, it is a lot               
                  hotter


Boil shells as per instructions on the box. When done, rinse in cold water, so easier to handle.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

While pasta is boiling combine Chicken, ricotta cheese, 1/2 the  Mozzarella and eggs and mix well.

cover bottom of dish with a thin layer of the sauce. Fill Pasta with Chicken mixture. Place in a single layer in baking dish. pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake for 20-25 min until hot and bubbly. If you want the top browned turn the broiler on for a couple minutes at the end of cooking time.


No comments:

Post a Comment