Monday, September 24, 2012

Roasted Cashews

Good Evening Folks! This week has been a roller coaster, had a visit to my doctor's office to get my blood pressure checked by the nurse... which turned into an appointment with the doctor and having to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours... my arm is still sore. So needless to say... need to change my lifestyle and eating habits. So I have been counting calories and exercising every day and hope to make these regular things. So I will be posting nutrition information with most of my recipes as it can be time consuming, so if I share it will save other time.


Getting on to what today's post is all about! Sundays with Joy! As you may recall from other Sunday posts a group of us are cooking our way through Joy the Baker Cookbook! This weeks recipe is Honey Mustard 
Roasted Cashews. I made 2 batches; the ones on the left are Honey Mustard and the ones on the right are Vanilla Chai



Honey Mustard Roasted Cashews

2.5 cups roasted and salted cashews
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp dried mustard


Vanilla Chai Roasted Cashews

2.5 cups roasted unsalted cashews
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment.

In a medium bowl combine; honey and seasonings, stir to combine. Toss in cashews and stir to coat. 
Spread cashews onto baking sheet making sure they are in a single layer. 
Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn quickly.
Remove and let cool! Then Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment