Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chicken, Black Bean and Corn Chili



I enjoy a good hearty bowl of stew or chili! Everything is in one bowl, no worrying about getting enough veggies or what to serve on the side. I either serve rice or garlic bread with it. I use ground beef a lot but I also often use ground turkey or chicken. I have been using shredded chicken a lot lately and thought I would try it. Well... what can I say I gave some chili to my friends and had some at home. My one friend has been bugging asking me all week for the recipe, so Amber this is for you! The other friend well she left her's at Amber's so she doesn't know what she is missing. And my kids... well there was none left. So I guess that means it was a hit. 



Chicken, Black Bean and Corn Chili

4-5 chicken breasts
3 cans of tomato sauce ( I like one with garlic and cheese)
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
3 cups frozen corn
2 onions diced
6 celery stalks diced
2 peppers (red, orange or yellow) diced
4 cloves garlic minced
Chili Seasoning (recipe below) or 2 packets of chili seasoning

Boil chicken with vegetable seasoning until cooked. Let cool slightly and shred (I put my in my stand mixer for 30-60 seconds).
In a large pot saute onions, celery and peppers over medium low heat until soft 6-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add corn, black beans, tomato sauce and chili seasoning. Simmer low for 1 hour, Stirring often.

Chili Seasoning

4 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 -1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tbsp cumin
3 tsp seasoning salt
4 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
2 tbsp brown sugar

Combine everything in a bowl and mix well.





No comments:

Post a Comment