Saturday, January 7, 2012

Left Over Mashed Potato Gnocchi


Growing up when we visited my grandma in Thunder Bay, she always made us gnocchi, which was called "nooklies" and still do to this day. It was my favorite thing she made. I decided that I do not have to always wait til we visit her to have them. So I have started making them regularly.
This recipe is lighter than hers so you can eat more of them. 

I always use left over mashed potatoes, which I always make with plenty of garlic, milk and butter, so my gnocchi are always full of flavor. 

 
                                

All you need is the following:

2 cups of mashed potatoes
1 cup flour
1 egg

Mix ingredients to make a soft dough. Add more flour if needed to not be sticky (this will depend on how much liquid you added to your mashed potatoes). Knead dough on table for 2 minutes. Cut dough into quarters and roll into logs. Cut logs into 1 inch pieces and place on floured cookie sheet.

To cook drop into boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Make sure to do in small batches so they do not stick together.


I like to serve them with pasta sauce and fresh grated parmigiana cheese. 
Enjoy they are delicious!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment