Saturday, December 17, 2011

Eggnog Waffles


I like to change up breakfast on the weekends and came across this delicious recipe for Eggnog Waffles on Mrbreakfast.com and just had to try them. Luckily I even had some eggnog on hand so no trips to the grocery store needed.

I don't own a waffle maker but I was watching Jamie's Family Christmas and he made Waffles on a grill pan. So I decided to give it a try. It works really well and I don't need to buy a waffle maker! 





2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups eggnog (I used low fat)
1 egg
6 tbsp veg oil
1 cup pecans (optional but recommended)

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. 

Combine eggnog, egg and oil in a bowl and whisk together.

Pour eggnog mixture into flour and stir to combine. Fold in nuts. 

You can you a waffle maker or a grill pan. I tried to make a giant waffle the size of the pan but I could not flip it and ended up cutting into 4 and then flipping. So I cooked the remaining in batches of 2. 





No comments:

Post a Comment