Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cheesy Broccoli Zucchini Quinoa


So this year I have made some promises to myself. I don't like to call them resolutions and I didn't make them on New Years, they were started months ago. One of them is to continue strengthening my healthy lifestyle. So with this I have been searching out inspiration for healthy, but delicious meals with protein and vegetables.

I love quinoa on it's own but I also like to experiment with it in different dishes. This is one of the dishes I have come up with. This is delicious on it's own for lunch but also good as a side.

Cheesy Broccoli Zucchini Quinoa

1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 broccoli stem, peeled and shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

In a saucepan combine water and quinoa and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15 min until liquid is absorbed.

Toss in broccoli, zucchini and cheese and stir to combine and melt cheese.

Nutrition Information (1 cup serving)
Calories 294
Fat 12.5g
       Saturated Fat 6g
Cholesterol 30mg
Sodium 189g
Carbohydrates 32.4g
Fiber 4.9g
Sugar 5g
Protein 13g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 21%
Iron 3%



No comments:

Post a Comment