Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sundays with Joy! Chamomile Cupcakes with Honey Frosting!

Well today's recipe reminds me of Spring! Unlike the weather we have been having this week! It has snowed  twice! It's April!! Like really! Thankfully we have only gotten a little bit, but most of my family live in Thunder Bay and they have gotten dumped with snow twice! It would be really nice if Spring showed up sometime soon! 

This week our Sundays with Joy recipe is Mini Chamomile Cakes with Honey Frosting. Which Joy has posted on her Blog, so click on the link above to get her recipe or you can buy her book Joy the Baker Cookbook and get all her awesome recipes there. I am currently enjoying one with a cup of tea while I write this post for you all.



So if anyone knows me they know I LOVE tea! Some have even said I have an obsession! I have a huge cupboard which I purchased specifically with my tea collection in mind. I have probably close to 50 different types of tea. Anything from orange pekoe to chai to green tea with pineapple and everything in between. Some one at work bought me a teapot cookie cutter this week! I can't wait to make some cookies with it. 

But of course I ran out of chamomile tea. I really wanted to make these as they were and did not feel like experimenting until I at least tried them as they were meant to be. These little beauties are light and not too sweet! The frosting is gooey and delicious! Just see for your self!


I think I will experiment with the flavours in this recipe! Some thoughts are Green tea and citrus or earl grey and lavender(such a good combo) or orange pekoe and maple. I have so many idea running through my head. I will have to wait for an occasion to bake them, so I am not tempted to eat them all. I am trying to cut back on the sweets. I am going to also experiment and see if I can make these healthier and still taste just as good! 


But for anyone interested here is the nutritional information for 1 cupcake

Calories 246
Fat          7.3g
Sat Fat    4.3g
Cholesterol 37mg
Sodium    100mg
Carbs     43.4g
Sugars    33.8g
Protein    2.5g




No comments:

Post a Comment