Monday, January 21, 2013

S'mores Rice Crispy Squares!



Good Morning! So I am leaving to Mexico today for a week! I am so excited for the warm, uh hot, sunny weather! I am also excited to see my friends Jenny and Danny, while I am there, and to enjoy cooking with them. This trip will be my 5th time going. It is a trip my work plans every year.

I work for a Foster home agency and we take 8 youth over the age of 16. It gives them an opportunity to travel and experience another culture. It is an absolutely fabulous week and doesn't feel like much work. It is great to see the smiles on their faces and get to know them better.

So I will leave you with this recipe, and a promise for some more Rice Crispy Square versions when I get back. I have been creative!

S'mores Rice Crispy Squares

1/4 cup butter or margarine
5 cups marshmallows (big or small)
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups Rice Crispies
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 tbsp veg oil
9 extra marshmallows (cut in half) * can use mini marshmallows
4 tbsp graham cracker crumbs

Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside
In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter for 30 seconds. Add marshmallows and microwave for 90 seconds.
Add vanilla and stir until combined. Add Rice Crispies and Honey Nut Cheerios and stir until combined.
Dump into baking dish. Wet hands and press mixture firmly. If it starts to stick to your hands, wet them again.

Place chocolate and oil into microwave safe dish and microwave on power 5 for 90 seconds. Stir until melted. If there is still lots of unmelted chocolate, microwave on power 5 for 30 more seconds. Pour over Rice Crispies. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over top and place marshmallow halves evenly over top.

Place under broiler for a couple minutes to toast the marshmallows.


No comments:

Post a Comment