Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Berry Breakfast Bars


I stumbled across this delicious breakfast and as you all may know I love breakfast foods. I love that this can be made the night before, as I do not have time in the mornings to make anything. I like my sleep and will not get up early! Early being before 7:45. I adapted this recipe from Dancing Veggies.

Dough
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
3/4 cup cold butter
2 tbsp cold water
1 tsp salt

Filling
1/2 cup apple sauce (I only had strawberry kiwi flavour on hand)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 cups berries (I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Add flour, sugar, brown sugar, cold butter, and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix until dough begins to form. Add cold water enough just until dough is moist.

Press half the dough into the bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake 10 minutes and then let cool 10 minutes.

Combine applesauce, brown sugar and flour in a bowl. Toss in berries and stir gently. Spread over baked crust. Crumble remaining dough over the top.

Bake for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment