Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sundays with Joy - Avocado Pound Cake





I made lunch for over 15 of my coworkers earlier this week. I decided that it would be a good time to catch up on some of my Sundays with Joy recipes. I decided to try the Avocado Pound Cake, because it was the most recommended by the ladies in the group. I also made Pumpkin Black and White cookies and mini pumpkin pies. For lunch I made pulled pork, for the non pork eater I made Buffalo Chicken and the vegetarian got Sweet Potato White Bean Burgers. 



There is not much to say about the Avocado Pound Cake except that it is AWESOME!! Moist and flavorful  a little crunchy on the outside and I didn't have problems with mine falling in the middle (some others noted this issue). Next time I would make my usual substitutions of using 1/2 greek yogurt for butter, apple sauce for sugar( I would prob use 1/2 apple sauce as it may be too moist with the amount of sugar used) and using whole wheat flour.

I did not make any changes to her recipe! So those of you who want to try it will have to check out Joy the Baker Cookbook or Joy the Baker's blog! as it is on there as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment