Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chocolate Egg Nog!!


So this is my Sundays with Joy post this week! It's not very Christmas-y here, it was +8 today and rainy. Here's hoping for some snow before Christmas.

This week's recipe was Joy's Perfect Hot Chocolate. I made it last week for the kids and it didn't last long enough for pictures, but hey what's new... seems to happen a lot around here. So I decided to change it up this time and made Chocolate Egg Nog.

I know my mug is not very festive, but it is my favourite mug and I have had it since I was at least 8. I used to get really upset if someone else used it. My cousin Blair had a different Disney mug and was the same way with her's.

The mug fits in my theme of favourite things because Christmas is my favourite time of the year.


Chocolate Egg Nog

2 cups Egg Nog (I prefer light)
.5 cup milk
1 tbsp White Chocolate chips
2.5 tbsp Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Heat Egg Nog and milk in a pan until warm.

Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or mug. Microwave on Power 5 for 1 min. Stir until melted.

Stir chocolate into Egg Nog.

Enjoy! I like mine with Mini Marshmallows.

If you would like to find Joy Original recipe Check out her Cookbook Joy the Baker Cookbook


1 comment: